Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sweet Thoughts of September

Happy Fall! It certainly feels like fall today!! It's wonderful to run in the afternoon (since it's no longer blisteringly hot at that time), drink Pumpkin Spice lattes from Starbucks, and watch God paint the leaves!
I hope that you're having a wonderful week! My September has started well with some hikes in parents' mountainous neighborhood, easing back into running (after a 4 month hiatus after running a marathon and then having shoulder surgery), and definitely enjoying a few lattes! Below is a fun recipe that I found for a homemade Pumpin Spice Latte-- let me know if you think it tastes like the real thing!

2 shots Espresso

3 oz milk combined w/ 3oz 1/2 & 1/2 steamed & frothed-- or As much as you like

2 Tsp Pumpkin Spice- Grocery store Spice Isle.

1 tblsp white mocha Tollhouse chips to sweeten.

Then mix it all up to taste. Top with whipped cream and a sprinke of pumpkin spice.

As much as I'm enjoying fall right now, I kind of miss summer. Usually, summer is so hot that I long for fall by the time it gets here. This year, I have a little bit of nostaglia for summer, like I wasn't quite ready for it to be done yet... I was hoping for a few more days of soaking up sun on the deck, wearing skirts, and eating watermelon. I think that perhaps God is getting even my internal thermometer ready for Haiti! I'm looking forward to living in perpetual summer, where the coldest it gets is 80 degrees at night in the winter!

Speaking of Haiti, it looks like a November departure just might happen!! I'm so close with the fund raising-- praise the Lord!!! I only need another $5,600 out of the $27,000! It's fun and wonderful and scary and exhilarating to be so close!! Thanks for your prayers!!

May you have a wonderul, blessed, pumpkin-spice-filled fall week!

No comments:

Post a Comment