Friday, January 8, 2010

Answers to Unprayed Prayers

Merry belated Christmas and Happy 2010!!! I hope that you had a wonderful holiday season and enjoying a great start to the new year! I had a wonderful, whirlwind 2 weeks in the States, savoring time with my wonderful boyfriend, spending Christmas with his sweet family, crashing the ER for a brief visit and dropping off (really really strong and good) Haitian coffee and wishing that we all had more time to visit, enjoying time in colonial Williamsburg with my encouraging parents and aunt and uncle and cousin (and fellowshipping in the car on the 8 hour trip it took to get there :o), and being a part of my gorgeous best friend's beautiful, joyous wedding. Whew, what a great and speedy trip!


I returned to my Haitian home this week and was so blessed as God answered a desire of mine that I hadn't even started to pray for yet! I have been compiling a "wish list" for the hospital here. At the top of the list are necessities that I feel are urgently needed, like lab tests for basic serum electrolytes and liver function tests and a working x-ray machine. The other items are more dreamy... things that would help to elevate my hospital to first world standards. I dream big. :o) 


On the ultimate wish list is a physical therapist. That request seemed so far away from fruition that I hadn't even started to pray for it yet. And I think that the Lord may already have the answer on the way! Wow! God is so ... amazing! And nice!! (and indescribable-- it makes even gregarious me speechless!!) 


When I got back to the island on Wednesday, I got to meet a wonderful short-term team, who were finishing up their stay. One of the ladies is a physical therapist from Canada who's seriously considering serving in Haiti for 6-12 months to train Haitian medical personnel to work as a PT!!! She rode back on the boat with me to discuss the possibilities and realities of serving here, and the whole time my heart was singing to think that God might be answering a prayer that I hadn't yet prayed!!!! 


Wow! It's good to be back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DIANE!!! SO great to hear about your vacation. Of course I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see pictures of you and your man, but I suppose I'll have to wait. I am so happy for you that you got a chance to rest and that God is working things out ahead of you in your hospital! You are an inspiration to me, living a life of faith. I am praying for you and love you tons!!!

Post a Comment