Thursday, November 19, 2009

Haiti for the Holidays... :o)

Up until this moment, I haven't felt very fall-ish... I mean, I live in the Caribbean. I'm studying outside to work (carefully, without getting burned) on my tan (and of course, my Creole). But otherwise, it's been rather toasty here, with tempertures in the 90s-100s during the day. Next week is Thanksgiving, and I feel much more ready for Memorial Day or some other holiday where I can go swimming and eat ice cream, not turkey and stuffing! :o)  I've noticed many of my friends debating on facebook about if it's too early for Christmas music... I can barely imagine C-mas music, although a Gingerbread latte from Starbucks does sound rather appetizing.
Until today...
This afternoon, I found a radio station in Creole. My language teacher recommends that I listen to as much Creole as I can to pick up on the little sounds and contractions that make Creole so tricky. So, I just finished class and scoured the internet to find Radio Lumiere.... an awesome Christian radio station that's mostly in Creole. And the first song that came on was a Christmas carol!! So, despite the heat and workin on my tan, I suddenly find myself quite in the Christmas spirit! Wanna listen along?  Check out...http://www.radiolumiere.org/
And may all your Christmases be in Creole!

No comments:

Post a Comment