Sunday, February 28, 2010

I still don't like cats, but at least they're better than the alternative!

David knows that I don't really care for cats. I think that it goes back to a childhood memory of being viciously mauled by a feline at the tender age of 3. David, my wonderful boyfriend, and his optimistic family like to pretend that someday I will like cats. I'm still not a fan, but I'm hoping that today I really do have one in my house. 
What follows is an email that I sent David (and his awesome mom) describing the events of this afternoon...



Darling David...
I think that I might actually have a cat living under my roof!! Today I heard something really loud traipsing around in the attic and I saw something gray and fuzzy pop out of the ceiling tile cracks!!! (the earthquake and aftershocks have been shuffling around my ceiling tiles) Justine told me that we have cats who live behind our house who sometimes get into the attic and chase the rats! I'm actually hoping that I saw a cat paw...that or we have really, really big rats!!!! I'm putting up my mosquito netting tent right now just in case to serve as an extra rat-barrier!

Never a dull moment around here!
~your diane, the cat-in-the-attic-girl

Just a small moment in the life of this missionary girl!

P.S.-- There's also a goat out in the yard... Maybe there's a goat in my attic?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE cats!!! Come to the dark side and join us. David and his family are totally right! You should listen to them ;)

dianita said...

o goodness... thanks for the invite, but I think that Misky was the only cat I ever liked! Y'all are doing such a good job caring for cats without me! :D

Post a Comment